CaRe Clinic stands at the forefront of clinical research within Central Alberta, with a dedicated research facility renowned for its robust reputation among leading pharmaceutical companies. With our expansion into Calgary, we continue to establish our position as a standalone, dedicated research site known for our meticulous approach to clinical trials. Our highly respected procedures and processes are designed to meet the exacting standards of top-tier pharmaceutical partners. We pride ourselves on delivering quality data and upholding the highest levels of patient care, making us a preferred partner for industry leaders in medical research. Our unwavering dedication to excellence positions CaRe Clinic as a pivotal contributor to the future of healthcare advancements.
As we activate new clinical trials in Calgary, we seek a Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner to join us on a flexible basis, with the potential to transition to a full-time role. Initially, working hours will be adaptable, expanding with the clinic’s needs as new clinical trials begin. This role presents an exciting opportunity for growth with our expanding organization, contributing to various studies and advancing into a substantial role as operations scale up.
In this capacity, you will provide clinical expertise and patient care within our clinical trials, ensuring the health and safety of our participants. Your involvement is crucial from the initial screening to the close-out of clinical trials, guaranteeing the highest standard of care throughout.
- Conduct comprehensive patient evaluations, including screening and enrollment of study participants, in accordance with clinical trial protocols.
- Perform clinical procedures and assessments, such as physical examinations and vital sign measurements, and administer medications or treatments as required by study protocols.
- Monitor patient responses to treatments, manage adverse events or complications, and collaborate closely with the research team to ensure patient safety.
- Maintain detailed and accurate medical records, ensuring compliance with research protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Educate and counsel patients and their families on study participation, treatments, and potential risks or benefits.
- Work with the research operations team to develop patient recruitment strategies and enhance retention.
- Lead initiatives to optimize clinical processes, improving patient care and trial outcomes.
- Raise community awareness of clinical trials and CaRe Clinic’s contributions to medical research advancement.
- Stay informed on the latest clinical research developments and integrate new practices or treatments as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison between research participants and the interdisciplinary team to ensure effective communication and patient-centered care.
- Contribute to the development of study source documents, and research SOPs from a clinical perspective.
- Assist in the training and supervision of junior clinical staff and other research personnel.
- Required: Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) with active Nurse Practitioner registration.
- Preferred: Certification and experience in a clinical research setting, with a solid understanding of GCP/ICH guidelines.
- Preferred: A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a research or clinical trial context.
- Superior patient assessment, clinical judgment, and nursing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective patient, staff, and community engagement.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and collaboratively with a research team.
- Proficiency in medical software systems and electronic health records
- Exceptional clinical and nursing skills tailored to clinical research needs.
- Advanced proficiency in clinical decision-making and patient care management.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to educate patients effectively.
- A team player with leadership qualities and a commitment to ethical conduct and patient confidentiality.
- A comprehensive understanding of HIA and other relevant regulations.
If you are a motivated Nurse Practitioner with a passion for clinical research and patient care, we invite you to apply. At CaRe Clinic, we provide a professional growth environment that values innovation and learning. Join us and contribute to the betterment of patient care and the future of medicine.
Please submit your resume AND references to be part of our exciting team. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.